This event next week might be of interest to readers in DC:
Haiti, One Year On: Realizing Country Ownership in a Fragile State
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
B-340 Rayburn House Office Building, 45 Independence Ave SW Washington, DC
Speakers will include:
- Angela Bruce Raeburn, Senior Policy Advisor for Humanitarian Response, Oxfam America, Moderator
- Robert Maguire, Chair, Haiti Working Group, U.S. Institute of Peace, Associate Professor of International Affairs, Trinity Washington University, Discussant
- Thomas C. Adams, Special Coordinator to Haiti, U.S. State Department, Discussant
- Russell Porter, Director, USAID Haiti Task Force, Discussant
- Raymond C. Offenheiser, President, Oxfam America, Discussant
The distinguished panelists will discuss the reality of the situation in Haiti, examine lessons learned from the past year, and explore how to improve country ownership as we move forward towards a stable and productive Haiti. The discussion will focus on how U.S. foreign aid to Haiti is being delivered while seeking ways of strengthening the efficacy of future U.S. assistance.
The roundtable will include ample time for questions from the audience and will be followed by a reception.